The Government’s new natural resource management initiative, Caring for our Country, will be giving out grants between $5,000 and $20,000 to community groups who want to take action to help protect and conserve Australia’s environment.
Eligible community groups include:
- Community groups involved in coastal rehabilitation, restoration and conservation
- Groups of farmers or land managers working on sustainable farming or improving natural resource management
- Indigenous partnerships involved in protecting or improving the environment
- Community groups involved in biodiversity conservation, environmental protection or managing natural resources
The grants are only available to eligible groups, not individuals.
Eligible projects must:
- Involve volunteers and communities in activities which work towards achieving outcomes in the Caring for our Country national priority areas of Biodiversity and Natural Icons, Coastal Environments and Critical Aquatic Habitats and Sustainable Farm Practices
- All are to be completed within 18 months or less
Applications for a Community Action Grant will be open from tomorrow 1 October 2009 to 22 October.
To apply, visit their website